M&T was the law firm that established service provider standing under the Michigan No-Fault Act. Wayne Miller has been championing the rights of providers since the mid 1980’s.
Lakeland Neurocare Centers v State Farm, 250 Mich App 35 (2002), which was our firm’s case, was the seminal decision in which the Michigan Court of Appeals held that service providers may not only sue a no-fault carrier for failure to reimburse them but can enforce the penalty provisions contained in the no-fault act for no-fault penalty interest and no-fault penalty attorneys fees. This means that in the appropriate circumstances you can be reimbursed your full charges plus no-fault penalties. These penalties can add up quickly and sometimes add up to more than the actual charges!
M&T represents rehab centers, brain injury programs, hospitals, case managers, chiropractors and physician groups throughout the state of Michigan for all of their no-fault reimbursement issues. Among our provider clients are:
- The Detroit Medical Center including:
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan
- Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Harper University Hospital
- Huron-Valley Sinai Hospital
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Sinai-Grace Hospital
- DMC Surgery Hospital
- Eisenhower Center
- Hope Network Rehabilitation Services
- The Lakeland Center
- The Lighthouse Neurological Rehabilitation Center
- Michigan Head & Spine Institute, P.C.
- Oakland Regional Hospital
- Special Tree Rehabilitation System
- Select Specialty Hospitals
M&T is the premier firm in Michigan to handle service provider claims under the Michigan No-Fault Act. We assist our provider clients in obtaining the maximum no-fault reimbursement possible by assisting with resolution of coordination of benefit disputes and challenging the medical bill review and audit system used by no-fault insurance companies to reduce payments to providers.