At Miller & Tischler, P.C., our personal injury attorneys have extensive experience fighting for the rights of victims who have suffered serious burns due to the negligence of others. For years, we have served clients throughout Michigan who have survived burn accidents or who are struggling to cope with the terrible loss of a loved one. If you have been severely burned in a car, truck, motorcycle, or other vehicular accident, whether as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, we have enormous sympathy for you. We know that your wounds are among the most painful humans can endure.
Additionally, we know all too well that burns can be incapacitating and slow to heal and can result in terrible scarring, deformity, emotional anguish, and long-term disability. Our attorneys are committed to the idea that those whose negligence caused your injury must be held accountable and that you are entitled to receive maximum compensation.
Once you contact us and become our client, we will devote our time and energy to vigorous negotiation, and, if necessary, aggressive litigation, to obtain the damages that you deserve.
How We Can Help You Recover and Restart Your Life
During this challenging, traumatic period, we will step in and take over all logistical matters pertaining to insurance settlements and lawsuits. We will step in to handle:
- Investigating the site of your accident
- Examining police records and medical reports
- Checking for any prior history of similar misconduct on the part of the defendant
- Negotiating with opposing attorneys and insurance adjusters
- Interviewing witnesses
- Consulting with experts in pertinent fields who may testify in court on your behalf
- Clarifying no-fault and other confusing aspects of Michigan personal injury law
As personal injury lawyers, we will provide you with all the advantages of excellent legal representation, including comprehensive legal knowledge, well-developed negotiation and courtroom skills, and a well-crafted strategic approach designed for your particular circumstances. We have a track record of success and you will not be charged any attorneys’ fees unless we win your case.
Serious Burn Injuries in Traffic Accidents
Tragically, there are many ways in which you can suffer serious burn injuries in a traffic accident. Though most people think of gasoline explosions when they think of traffic accidents burns, burns in vehicular accidents can also occur due to:
- Airbag deployment
- Coming into contact with dangerous chemicals that leak during the accident
- Exposure to toxic debris
- Road rash (seen often in motorcycle accidents)
How the National Institute of Health Classifies the Severity of Burn Injuries
The severity of burn injuries is categorized depending on the depth of tissue affected which typically is linked to the duration of exposure.
- First-degree burns, though painful, they are superficial, affecting only the top layer of skin (the epidermis), and heal quickly.
- Second-degree burns, which result in blisters and may require skin grafts to heal properly, are deemed more serious, often requiring medical attention.
- Third-degree burns, which may destroy nerve tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands,
may be severe enough to necessitate reconstructive surgery as well as skin grafts.
- Fourth-, fifth-, and sixth-degree burns are life-threatening because they destroy deep fat, muscle, and bone tissue (a process known as necrosis). Victims who suffer such terrible burns frequently do not survive. If they do pull through, they are usually permanently disabled by sensory or mobility issues, and possible loss of limbs or appendages.
The Emotional Damage of Burn Injuries Mirrors the Horrors of the Physical Pain
Burn victims also commonly suffer from dehydration and have increased risk of blood clots or infections. Lengthy hospitalizations and multiple surgeries are often necessary. Even with state-of-the-art skin grafts, burn injuries frequently result in scarring or other permanent disfigurements.
For those lucky enough to be able to resume a relatively normal lifestyle, prolonged rehabilitation is likely to be necessary. Patients who suffer serious burn injuries almost always require long-term psychological or psychiatric treatment as well as an ongoing medical intervention. The emotional toll on the victim and family members is incalculable.
Miller & Tischler We Will Fight To Win Monetary Compensation for You and Your Family
If you have suffered severe burn injuries in a motor vehicle accident due to the negligence of another driver, you deserve justice. Our talented and caring personal injury attorneys are dedicated to winning you a settlement substantial enough to cover your:
- Ongoing medical costs
- Lost income
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Pain and suffering
If you have lost a loved one to motor vehicle accident-related burn injuries due to another’s negligence, we will file a wrongful death lawsuit. We will fight for the damages to which you are legally entitled (such as final medical expenses, funeral costs, and loss of financial and emotional support).
As Soon As You Contact Us, Your Fight for Justice Will Become Ours
We are committed to putting all of our efforts into providing you with the resources you need to heal and move into a future of hope and promise. Contact our Michigan burn injury attorney today for an initial consultation.